Friday, October 25, 2013

What an Honor

I think I have mentioned several times that, on most nights, I close by myself at work. I mean, there is always a manager and usually someone in utility, but I'm the only cashier. It didn't used to be a big deal; for the most part, I still had time to get everything done. Well, recently, they hired one clothes hanger who comes in and works 5:30 to close. This kind of fucks me up, because now I have to try to find time to hang clothes, check out customers, and get the floor cleaned up by myself. Now, I know that since I always work nights and she always works nights that our schedules are likely to coincide frequently. However, it seems like we end up working the same nights even more often than we should just by chance. It's a bit stressful but I've pretty much gotten used to it. So the other day, the manager who was closing with me comes up to me and says "So I've got some bad news for you." In my head, I'm going "Oh fuck. What now?" Then she says "We have a hanger coming in at 5:30" (Big sigh of relief) I say "Yeah, she works most nights that I work." The manager kind of smiles and says "You know what that means?" I say "That I have really bad luck?" She says "It means that they know they can trust you to get those racks put out." and smiles at me like it was a huge compliment. I'm sure she did mean it as a compliment, but here's the thing; what it really means is, they know that I'm dumb enough to rush around like lunatic and end up doing twice as much work as everyone else for the same pay, despite the fact that it benefits me in no way whatsoever. So yeah, I'm really honored that they know they can count of me to be a dumbass.


No comments:

Post a Comment