Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Unnecessary Things

I'm not one for buying lots of unnecessary stuff. I mean, we have people who come into Goodwill multiple times a week and buy carts full of knickknacks. I really don't buy very much shit that I don't need. I spend the majority of my money on food for myself, and food for the animals, and things like hand-soap, conditioner, toothpaste etc. If I do buy clothes, I almost invariably buy them at Goodwill.

All that being said. Every once in a while I find something that I just WANT. Many times it's something that I can't even explain exactly why it is that I want it; something that doesn't seem like something I would like. When this happens, these things tend to be expensive. I mean expensive for me, not expensive for most people, people who are okay with paying retail prices for clothes, let alone for people who buy designer names. I always try to talk myself out of these things. I say "No, you don't need that. Why do you even want it? It's not that great. It's too expensive, you can't afford it." None of these are very effective. The part of my brain that desires random things seems to be completely impervious to logic. It just sticks its fingers in its ears and yells "WANT!"

On a completely unrelated note. There is this jacket......... in Lithuania.....

5 comments:

  1. So badass! I don't want to know the price though. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really like it? I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it for some reason!

      Delete
  2. So it's euros, so that's. . . a lot, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it was around 130 in US dollars. Plus it was around $35 for shipping all the way from Lithuania, hahah. I'm trying really hard to convince myself not to add any more to my credit card debt :/ We'll see how that goes.

      Delete