Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm Under Attack

Yesterday, as I was on my way to work, I had the windows down, and the radio blasting, and was just trying desperately to ignore the fact that I was running late for work, and the fact that I didn't want to be going in the first place. Suddenly, I feel something tickling the side of my neck. I didn't really think anything of it, a fallen hair? a fly who had come in through the window? my imagination? So I reach up to brush whatever it is off, and I feel it fall down onto my chest. Okay, so not my imagination, too heavy to be a hair, flies don't usually fall. I look down and there, sitting on chest, just staring at me is this angry looking spider. At first I thought "I'll just pick him up and toss him back out the window, that he apparently just came swinging in through." However 1-I couldn't catch him, 2-The harder I tried to catch him, the angrier he got and the more concerned I became that he might bite me, and 3- I wasn't entirely sure that he wouldn't just land in the road and get run over. As I'm looking for a good place to pull over where I can quickly get him out of my car, get back on the road, and maybe maybe make it to work on time, he continues to run all over my body. At one point, I lost track of him for a second and then realized that he was hiding under the edge of my leg. I finally find a good place to pull over, push myself up so I'm sort of hovering above him and try to quickly pick him up and throw him out. He was too fast for me. He dove onto the floor before I could grab him. So I picked up a piece of paper off the floor and tried to flick him out. Apparently in the two seconds between when he hit the floor and when I picked up the paper, he had managed to tie himself down, because when I flicked him out he just bounced right back in. It took me four tries to finally get him to stay out.



Okay, so he looked nothing like the Racnoss and he was actually kind of cute, but that doesn't negate the fact that he was a talented and dedicated little warrior.

P.S. I made it to work with 7 seconds to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment