Thursday, October 3, 2013

Why Don't You Just Let Us Carry It?

Yesterday, my dad and I had to go pick up a couch that my grandma had bought. It was one of the ones that has recliners built in to it. These two guys were carrying it out of the store for us; and to be fair the thing was fairly heavy, but holy fuck did these guy complain a lot. At one point, one of the guys asked my dad if he could pull the trailer closer because "This thing is really heavy!" My dad, who gets a real kick out of screwing with guys like this, says "Oh! Is it?" The guy replies "Just imagine, two recliners and a couch all at once!" I had a really hard time not laughing at the guy. "Picture if you will....TWO recliners!" HAH! I restrained myself though. My dad, not so much.

Anyway, after we left, my dad said something to the effect of "If I was doing that job, I would never complain to the customers about how heavy something was." Well, I have done that job, and I can tell you that I have never complained to the customers, or anyone else for that matter, about how heavy something was. I just don't do that. Unless it's actually too heavy for me to physically be able to pick it up, I will pretend that it's not heavy. Even if I feel like I'm going to fall over trying to carry it, I will act like it's no big deal. Apparently, this is not a common trait.
"Two recliners" 

No comments:

Post a Comment