Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beautiful vs. Hot

I have seen multiple different photos and graphics, circulating around the internet, with a quote advising girls to "Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot." I do see what they're getting at but I, for one, don't think that's especially good advice and here's why. At least in my mind, beauty is a physical characteristic. You're either beautiful or you're not. Being "hot" on the other hand (and this is, again, in my mind. I can't say for sure that it means this to anyone else.) is about choices. I consider people to be hot based on their style, attitude, and behavior, not on any particular physical attributes. If you have a beautiful face, you are beautiful; if you don't then you're not. However, as far as I'm concerned, you could have a horrifying facial deformity and it would not necessarily prevent you from being hot, if you so choose. Some of the hottest people are not those who would generally be considered to be beautiful. There is just something about them as people, the way they act, the way they handle themselves, that makes them appealing. I guess my point here is; I would much rather be called hot than beautiful, because I feel like it would be a reflection on me as a whole person, not just on the appearance of my face.

Take Aeryn, for example. She has a fairly unique look that many people might not consider "beautiful." However, I doubt that anyone would dispute the fact that she is hot as all fuck. 



No comments:

Post a Comment