Friday, October 18, 2013

Thoughts on Love Part 3: Inspiration

Just in case you were wondering what precipitated this idea about the true meaning of Love, it was Impala (my cat, not Dean's car). The thing is, I've been having a really hard time getting along with all of the animals lately. I find myself getting extremely frustrated with them all the time. Yet, despite the fact that he is probably more of a pain in the ass than any of the others, I never seem to get as mad at Impala as I do everyone else. I could never really figure out why I wasn't as bothered by his bad behavior as I was by the other animals' slightly less bad behavior. Then it suddenly hit me that it was because, pain in the ass or not, he actually acts like he loves me. I know this probably sounds stupid as hell to most people, but I feel like the others are always judging me, or demanding things of me. They are always wanting something from me, and they are always disappointed when I don't quite deliver. Impala makes me feel like he genuinely enjoys being around me, even when I'm in a pissy mood. Around here, someone is constantly barking at me, or tripping me, or yelling, or trying to grab something out of my hand, or slamming into me. Impala doesn't do that. He just stands near me (but not quite near enough to trip me) and when I look at him he puts his front feet up of the wall and stretches up toward my hand. It's fucking adorable and it makes me feel like he actually likes me as a person.
I pretty much get this look from everyone, all day. I interpret it as "Just look at yourself. Look at what you've become." 

No comments:

Post a Comment