Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Don't Understand the Appeal

I've told you guys before about some of Impala's weird and inconvenient hobbies. Well, for the last three days, his favorite game has been taking my socks. I take them off when I go to bed, he waits until I'm asleep, then sneaks into my room and steals them. The first time, I woke up to find one sock next to the bed. Impala was sitting right beside me at the time, so I looked over at him and said "What the fuck did you do with my sock?" He took off running downstairs, and I thought it was just because he realized I was irritated at him. So then I yell downstairs and ask my dad if he has seen my sock anywhere, he says "Yeah, I think I saw........now he's down here guarding it." So Impala understood that I wanted my sock back and ran back to protect it. 

Then the next two mornings I woke up to find that both socks were gone. Apparently one just wasn't enough. Last night I even caught him trying to take them, when I wasn't quite asleep yet, and chased him out. But I guess he won't be discouraged that easily, because when I woke up, they were gone. I wouldn't even care that much were it not for the fact that he drags them around under the furniture so they get all disgusting, and I end up having to dirty two pairs of socks every day. I'm apparently going to have to strap them down or something.

I told one of my clients about Impala's sock obsessions and she said it reminded her of this Mutts comic. I looked it up, and she was right. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happens, except that all my socks are black. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment