Thursday, April 23, 2015

Come and Get Them!

I got my "Virago" pendants finished and I will be selling them, along with a bunch of other stuff, at the Artist Weekend in Morgantown on Saturday, at the Arts Mon building. So if you want to buy one and/or see some cool local artists come check out the Artist Weekend!

I'm thinking I need to make a sign to go with them, to let everyone know what the word means. I'm trying to decide though, would it be better to just give the definition that I am trying to encourage, or should I put both definitions and a brief explanation of what I'm trying to do? I'm thinking about something like this-

The word virago was originally defined as "a strong, brave or warlike woman; a woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities." Then, over the years, it somehow came to mean "a loud-voiced, ill-tempered, scolding woman; shrew." I think that's unacceptable, don't you? Let's save this beautiful word and change it back to what it once was! 

What do you guys think?  Do you think that will make people want to help me on my mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment