Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I Used To....

I think I've mentioned this before, but I used to randomly go into these weird funks during which I was just utterly bored with everything about my appearance. I would feel compelled to buy new makeup, or new clothes, or change my hair color, anything to look different than the way I did. Don't get me wrong, this still happens. I am currently fighting with myself over changing my hair again; I honestly think this color suits me the best of any color I have tried, but I'm getting pretty bored, so we'll see what happens. I say this "used to" happen because these feeling of boredom have evolved from something only concerned with my appearance to a deeper feeling about my self. 

I will randomly wake up one day and realize that I need to learn about some particular topic, or master some new skill, or change some aspect of my behavior. This generally results in me 1- Slightly injuring myself trying to do something I don't know how to do, and possibly buying some sort of equipment necessary for said thing. 2- Buying a shit-ton of books, not necessarily because I want to read them, but because I feel I should read them (for whatever reason). And 3- considering (yet again) going back to school and/or taking some sort of online class. 

In case you were wondering, I have purchased about thirty books, and a bo staff, in the past few weeks. I feel that it is absolutely vital that I master the salmon ladder and also learn to do parkour. And I'm seriously considering trying to finish my psychology degree and/or take this online nutrition class I found and/or trying to learn a second language. In all likelihood, the only thing I will actually accomplish is reading the books, which I am quickly working my way through, but you never know I guess.  

Who doesn't love Mitch Hedberg? 

No comments:

Post a Comment