Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lack of Alternatives

I feel like my entire life has been a struggle to fit myself into a world where I don't really belong. I don't care about any of the things that other people care about. I don't like any of the things that other people like. I'm always feeling bad about myself for not accomplishing anything in my life, but the truth is that none of the things that most people consider to be "accomplishments" look very appealing to me. I commit myself totally to anything that feels important to me, but I just cannot seem to muster the motivation to do any of the things that are necessary to modern life. Why should I go through all the trouble of trying to be "successful" when none of that means anything to me? Well, because that's just life, that's why. So yeah, I should probably work on that.

2 comments:

  1. I can commiserate! It's hard. But I have total faith that you will figure out what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel :) I hope you're right. The same to you!

      Delete