Sunday, April 5, 2015

What's Up With That?

I decided a few days ago to apply for an Amazon credit card. I know, for someone my debt to income ratio, getting another credit card is probably a bad idea. I do have a good(ish) reason for it though. 1- I need to buy a decent camera, if I'm ever going to get my video blog up and running, and they had this deal where you get a $70 gift card with credit approval, which would nearly cover the cost of the camera. 2- I've been going through a shit-ton of books lately, and I keep forgetting how many books I've bought, and how many of the charges have come through, and I think that might be part of the reason I've been losing track of how much money I have in my bank account lately. At least if I put them on a credit card, I would only have to worry about it once a month. 3- You get points back from your purchases, which would probably help me out quite a bit, considering how much money I spend there.

Here's the thing though; I filled out the application and got the "Thank you" message. I just assumed that it was the standard "Thank you" message and closed it, expecting to find an email in my inbox saying I had been approved. By the way, I assumed I would be approved because, despite my lack of funds, I do have excellent credit. I kept checking my email obsessively for the approval message, because 1-I really want my camera, and 2- I'm running low on books, which is not okay! But I never got the email. I waited four days and finally decided that something must have gone wrong. So I applied again. This time I actually read the "Thank you" message, and it said that they couldn't confirm my approval right now and they would be contacting me "in writing" within 30 days. 30 days? Seriously? Who the fuck waits 30 days for anything, anymore? Isn't that sort of the whole point of the internet, that you can do things immediately? So what's the fucking deal, Amazon?
Sorry, this ended up being kind of a long post just for me to bitch about a credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment