Sunday, May 12, 2013

What a Nice Thing to Say

I recently started reading "The Wind Through the Keyhole" which is the newest addition to Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I LOVED the Dark Tower, so when I saw this book I had to buy it even though the series is actually finished and this one is just a random story that is supposed to have taken place between the others. Oh well, I am still thoroughly enjoying it. Anyway, there is this one woman (I can't tell yet if she is going to be a major character or not) who is apparently a pretty big badass. At one point one of the other characters said about her "That one'd spit in the devil's face. And if he took her down to Nis, she'd be running the place in a month." I don't know, I just thought that was really cool. I think it was mostly meant as an insult, but I would consider it quite a compliment if someone said that about me.
I assume Nis is the Dark Tower universe's version of hell. I looked it up and can't find any reference to it anywhere else, so I assume Stephen King made it up. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. That's sounds like a badass compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one, hahah. I thought I was just crazy.

      Delete