Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Poetry

Lately my sister and I have been listening to quite a bit of spoken word poetry. We have found some rather amazing poets. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a really cool art form and you should definitely check it out. I would love to try it myself were I not such a pussy when it comes to public speaking, also if I didn't live in WV which is pretty much the worst place on the planet to do anything artistic. Who knows, maybe someday I'll get brave and give it a try. Either way, I may try to write some poetry again. Hopefully I can come up with some better stuff than I did last time I tried writing poetry.

5 comments:

  1. Performance poetry is amazing. I should listen to more. Any more recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. I think your blog may be eating my comments again. I wonder why it doesn't like me. . . Anyway, I love spoken word, and I love this poem. Any other recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the deal is with this thing :/

      This is one of my favorites, you've probably seen it before though. I know I've posted it on facebook a couple of times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvruwi211fU

      Sarah Kay is really good too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE

      I know we found several others, but I can't remember what they are at the moment.

      Anyway, I really want to find a place where we can go see this. I'm thinking Pittsburgh might have a place. If I find one, maybe we could all go?

      Delete
  3. I love Sarah Kay! And I will check out these others. And yes, I would love to go see some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to try to find it somewhere :)

      Delete