Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Looking for Suggestions

Can anyone suggest any good books or book series that I should read? I'm about halfway through the Wind Through the Keyhole and I really want another good one to start when I finish it. I have been spending  A LOT of time watching Netflix lately and I feel like, if I am going to be spending the majority of my time in a fantasy world, it would be better to do it by reading than by watching TV. I used to read all the time, but I started making myself read stuff that I felt was more valuable, mostly animal rights related stuff, but for the most part nonfiction just doesn't hold my interest. No matter how interesting a subject is to me, it's just never going to be as interesting as losing myself in some imaginary world. So I'm just going to go back to reading the weird fantasy/adventure/sci-fi/ horror stuff that I used to read. Anyway, you guys know what I like. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Well. . . I'm a big fan of Sharon Shinn. She mostly writes fantasy, but she has some great sci/fi too. I was really into Terry Goodkind for awhile. It got weird about 10 books into the series, but that's still a lot of books.

    Have you read The Hunger Games? For all the hype, the books are actually good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check those out! A series with 10 good books is good enough for me.

      I did read The Hunger Games series while I was in Watkins Glen. I really enjoyed them.

      Delete