Saturday, April 20, 2013

What?

I don't know what the deal is, but my mom seems to constantly be trying to diagnose me with something. It seems like every week or so she has come up with some new disorder that I have. Sometimes I think "Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but no." Other times I am completely baffled, like today. I guess my sister bought this book about, I think it was called, sensory defensiveness. My sister thinks she may have this, and I think she may be right. Much of it does seem to fit for her. However, my mom read parts of this book and has decided that I have it too. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Basically the idea is that people with this issue are overly sensitive to sensory input. If anything, I am the complete opposite. I like overloading my senses. I find it comforting. I listen to my music at a ridiculous volume. I have no aversion to pain. I have never felt the need to wear sunglasses when it's bright out. I eat foods that other people think are unbearably spicy. When it comes to pretty much every possible sensory stimulus, I am less sensitive than pretty much anyone I have ever met. I asked my mom why she thinks I have this and she just kept telling me that I should read the book. What the fuck?


Mother, no offense. I know you are trying to help, but really I don't have this or any other disorder, disease, condition, whatever. I am just a general mess. I don't think they have a technical diagnosis for that. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment