Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quitter

Whenever I decide to make some sort of change in my life, I always feel like crap if I don't stick with it. Even things that I try that don't work out well at all, I feel like a quitter if I give up on them. I kind of pride myself on my will-power and self-control and giving up on things just makes me feel weak and pathetic. You know how I said I was running everyday? Well, I gave it up a couple of weeks ago after I severely fucked up my right knee and left ankle and ended up limping around for a week. Even after I knew they were injured I still kept running for several days thinking I would just push through it but, shockingly, they only got worse. I also decided to give up on the fully raw diet a couple of days ago. I just wasn't noticing any benefits and it was getting really annoying and expensive. I'm still eating a lot more raw stuff than I was before but I'm not going to stress about it unless I notice that I start feeling a difference. Anyway, the point is that I hate giving up on things, even if they are causing me more harm than good. Also, I am going to start running again eventually but I am going to try to go a little easier and hope I don't destroy my body this time.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't we all? But seriously don't feel bad! You can't run while you're hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are, hahaha. I am going to get back into it eventually though. Then someday you and I should run a 5K together. Someday.

      Delete
  2. Yes! That is my goal, and it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete