Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Cleaning......or Something

I find that I am automatically more motivated when the weather is nice. So the last few days I have been trying to do some things that I have been meaning to do for months.

Yesterday, since the ice has now thawed back into mud, I put some more wood chips in the pig field. I wanted to try to get ahead of it this time, so that maybe it won't get a chance to turn into the horrifying swamp that it was last year.

I also decided to clean my coffee maker the other day. Have you ever cleaned a coffee maker? not the pot part, or the little basket part, but the back part where the water goes? Because I hadn't. It never even really occurred to me that that part would get dirty; I mean the only thing that goes in there is water, so how bad could it be? It was SO BAD! It had all this weird, black shit all stuck to the sides, and down in all the little crevices. I'm rather amazed that I didn't catch some sort of deadly disease from it. Once I started cleaning it, and realized how fucking gross it was, I really wanted to just throw it away. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go out and buy a new one right then and I certainly wasn't going to go without coffee until I could go get another one. Anyway, after about an hour of difficult and complicated scrubbing, I finally got it clean enough that I didn't feel like it was a bio-hazard.




No comments:

Post a Comment