Friday, March 20, 2015

Ostara

I know I generally do my animal rightsy posts on Fridays, but I'm putting it off this week because today is Ostara and I feel like I should write about that today instead.

Ostara is the Spring equinox and it's basically all about fertility, hence all the rabbits and eggs. Yeah, it's pretty much the origin behind every single Easter tradition. It's named for a fertility goddess who also goes by the Eostre (looks kind of like Easter, right?). This is a good time for getting in touch with nature, and with your own creativity (fertility doesn't have to mean procreation). It's also a time of rebirth, the days are now longer than the nights, and all the plants are starting to reappear. Winter is now officially over, and everything gets to start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment