Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What Are the Odds?

I actually got my tax refund yesterday. I went to the bank's website to check my account balance, to see whether or not I could afford to pay my credit card bill, and was startled and bewildered by the amount. At first, I thought someone at the bank must have made a mistake, and then I remembered that I had my refund direct deposited and was pretty excited to realize that it was, in fact, my money.

Anyway, now that I have it, I really need to open a savings account, so that I won't end up just spending it all. I haven't had a savings account in years, because this is the first time in years that I've had even a tiny bit of extra money. I keep hoping that, if I actually have a savings account, I'll see it when I go to check my balance and be motivated to add money to it from time to time. Then maybe, someday, I'll have enough money to do something worthwhile. But, then again, what are the odds of that actually happening? Probably not good....
Thanks, Effie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment