Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Take It Back

You know how I said I was going to let my hair go back to its natural color? I take it back. I couldn't stand it. As soon as it started to show through the blonde I went "What the fuck was I thinking? I hate this color!" Unfortunately, I still desperately needed to change something, lest I lose my mind. So I spent an exorbitant amount of time looking at pictures of other people's hair on the internet. I finally decided to stick with blonde, but try harder for the platinum color I was actually going for in the first place. Everything I found kept saying that the trick is to find a good toner. Well, that didn't seem like such a big deal. Of course finding a good toner, and finding a good toner that is vegan are two very different things. So I improvised. Supposedly, you need purple toner to take out the yellow, and I just happened to have some Manic Panic Ultra Violet left over from that time I had purple hair for like a day. I mixed some of it with the coconut oil I put on my hair. I think I went a little overboard because now I have slightly purple streaks, but it did get rid of the yellow and the purple isn't too terribly noticeable. So I'm calling it a win.
I've got kind of a Last Unicorn/Lady Amalthea thing going on, which I kind of like actually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment