Tuesday, February 17, 2015

It's All Relative, I Guess

I can't remember for sure if I've mentioned this here before, but I know I've said it to just about everyone I know, so probably most of you have heard it. I've lived in this state my entire life, and we have winter here every year, how is it that after all this time I've never gotten used to the cold? Well, I realized last night that, at least to some extent, I finally have. I mean, I still fucking hate it, but not as much as I used to.

As I'm sure you know, it has been getting ridiculously cold the last few nights. Two nights ago, it was 5 degrees when I was feeding the pigs. Then last night when I went to feed them, I'm carrying the buckets down the hill and I think "You know, it's not too bad out here." Then I remember that, when I was driving home, the thermometer on the bank said 13. That was when I realized that, yeah, I've kind of gotten used to the cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment