Monday, February 16, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I finally broke down and did my taxes yesterday. By "I did my taxes" I mean that my sister did them, and I told her some of the information that she didn't already know =. She also helped me deal with the whole healthcare website too, so I won't have to worry about getting fined or whatever next year. I really didn't want to do it, but I'm not going to get into why right now. Anyway, I didn't end up with a fine for it this year, which was nice. And overall, I'm getting nearly $800 back, which is really nice.

Now I just have to figure out what would be the best thing to do with that money. I keep reminding myself that "getting several new tattoos" is not the correct answer. I've pretty much narrowed it down to; paying off some of my debt, trying to get a car, or putting it in a savings account until I have enough money to do something worthwhile. I could actually pay off one of my loans with that much money, but then I still have another one and my credit card. I'm just not sure how much of a difference that will really make for me. I also can't get much of a car for $800. I may very well end up with something that will just cost me more than it's worth, in the long run. But the idea of just saving it seems sort of absurd when I think about how many different things I need money for. I just don't know......
Conundrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment