Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just a Few Updates

I thought I would fill you guys in on a few things that have been going on, none of which really seem to be worthy of a full post on their own. 

1- The carpet of death is officially gone! I meant to mention this before and just forgot. I think it took me three days to get rid of it because, once I got started, I just wanted it the fuck out! 

2- Beneath the carpet of death was the ugliest, and most absurd floor ever......ever. I had completely forgotten what was under there and it is absolutely ridiculous. It's wood floor painted to look like "tile" the main color being sort of a royal purple, and the "grout lines" being fire engine red. Yeah, that shit is getting painted soon. 

3- Before the floor painting, my next project is going to be attempting to fill in the pig mud with wood chips. My dad got a shit-ton of them from the guys who came through and trimmed the trees up our road. and I am just going to keep dumping them into the mud until it stops being disgusting.  

4- After my latest DVD player fiasco, I have decided that I am (at least for the time being) giving up on workout DVDs. I simply cannot handle something that crucial to my sanity breaking on me. So, I have put together my own workout, using bits and pieces from all of the various ones I have done over the years. I now have a good, solid hour of stuff that I think is really important, with no time-wasting-bullshit in between. 

5- For that matter, I am going to make a sincere attempt to depend as little as possible on anything that has the potential to suddenly stop working. We'll see how that goes. 

6- Remember my No Plan Plan? Well, I have realized that the only way I am ever going to be able to give up my absurd fantasies about the future is if I make the present more bearable. Hence pretty much everything on this list. 

Bonus Update- I just found out yesterday that one of my massage clients has been reading my blog. So, if you're reading this, I just thought I would say........

No comments:

Post a Comment