Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Last Time, I Swear

Okay this is the last post about my stupid hair, I promise. I just wanted to say that part of the reason I decided to actually change my hair instead of just dealing with the bald-ish patch was because I felt like it was time to make a change anyway. It wasn't really something I had thought about in advance, but the morning of the day that I fucked up my hair I was reading my latest witch book and it made mention of ouroboros, which I had never even heard of until I watched Hemlock Grove and since then has turned up several times. Anyway, after I read that, I thought "Wait, I think I dreamed about a snake last night." I started trying to remember the dream I'd had and realized that not only was it about a snake, it was a snake that suddenly grew legs. Then a couple hours later I cut a big chunk out of my hair. If that's not The Powers' way of telling me to make a change, I don't know what is.
^Ouroboros symbolizes recreating yourself. Snakes in general tend to represent rebirth and transformation (shedding old skin). 

No comments:

Post a Comment