Wednesday, October 8, 2014

No Offense

I learned something that I found rather interesting recently, and I just thought I would share it with all of you. You know the word "pussy" used to indicate that someone is weak, cowardly, whiny, etc.?Well, it turns out that, when used in this manner, this word has nothing to do with the word used to refer to a vagina. It is, in fact, a shortened version of the word pusillanimous, which actually means cowardly. I, personally, was pretty excited to find this out because I've always rather enjoyed using "pussy" to express the idea of cowardice. I always felt kind of bad using it though because I know some people are offended by the apparently sexist nature of it (perhaps I should have been too?). Now that I know it actually has nothing to do with implying anything negative about women, I feel like I am totally justified it using it
Although, I suppose it still could be considered to be offensive.......

No comments:

Post a Comment