Friday, October 3, 2014

Fear = Power

I started reading a new witch book a couple of days ago, Craft of the Wild Witch by Poppy Palin. It's one that I've had for a long time, I just never bothered to read it. I'm really glad I did though because the author seems like a really cool person. She talks a lot about animal rights type stuff, how all beings are connected, and taking care of the planet and other animals. 

Anyway, there was this one line that I read this morning that I really liked. "Where there is fear there is real power." At first I thought that was kind of strange but, the more I thought about it, I realized it's true. I think everything I've ever done in my life that really mattered was fairly terrifying at the time. I think sometimes it takes being in a situation that scares the shit out of you to make you grow as a person. I know it has worked that way for me. Even if I hate doing it at the time, I end up feeling like a stronger person afterward. 
Plus, everybody knows that the power of fear is even stronger than the power of will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment