Thursday, October 30, 2014

Bitching and New Beginnings

So, tomorrow is Samhain (or Halloween to most of you). I have two points to make about this.

1- Samhain is supposed to be a time for new beginnings and letting go of all the things you no longer want in your life. That is along with honoring the dead, which is sort of the main purpose since the veil between the worlds is at it's thinnest. So I think tomorrow I will make a list of all the things I plan to remove from my life this year.

2- Samhain seems to be the only pagan holiday that most people have ever heard of. So it's the one that gets mentioned on TV most often. Unfortunately, nobody ever bothers to Google the pronouciation of it beore they talk about it. Seriously, how fucking hard is that? Dictionary.com will actually pronounce it for you, so you know you're getting it right. Yet, I have never seen a sinlge show pronouce it correctly. The two that come to mind are Supernatural which pronounced it "sam-hane" (which makes sense because that is what it looks like) and True Blood which pronounced it almost the same but with an extra A in the middle "sam-a-hane" which makes no sense at all. It's "sah-win" by the way.
Also, Supernatural claimed that it was named after a demon, which is total bullshit and kind of pissed me off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment