Monday, October 20, 2014

Mandatory Makeover

It looks like (if things go as I hope they will) I will be blonde again, at least for a little while. This is not a decision I made in advance, it's a necessity. If you're not sure how that's possible, here let me explain. You see, I've been cutting my own hair for years. The idea of paying someone else to do it just seems absurd to me. Since I'm never going to be happy with it anyway, what difference does it really make? Lately, I've been cutting it with one of those straight razor type things that they sometimes use to do texturizing, or whatever. So far, I have liked my hair a lot better this way. However, I hadn't changed the blade in the razor for quite some time and it was starting to get really dull and difficult to use. So today when I decided to cut my hair I thought "I might as well go ahead and change the blade." Unfortunately, I had forgotten how much more efficient the razor is when it has a new blade. I took a big fucking chunk right out of the front of my hair. It looks totally ridiculous. I tried brushing the rest of my hair every which way to cover up the not-quite-bald-but-damn-close-to-it spot, to no avail. So I started wracking my brain for anything I could do to make it a little less obvious. The only thing that came to mind was bleaching my hair back to the white/blonde that I had a few years back. The idea being that if my hair and my scalp are nearly the same color people might not realize that my scalp is plainly visible. The problem is, I'm not sure how well the bleach is going to be able to get out the black dye that I've been using. So, we'll see what happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment