Thursday, April 17, 2014

Poetry and Stupidity

Tomorrow is the poetry slam. So naturally, I have done basically nothing to prepare for it. See the problem is that, as with just about everything in my life, this sounds like a lot of fun until I think about it too much. I have found that, no matter what I'm doing, things go smoother for me if I don't think about anything too much. All of my best work happens when I don't plan it. My brain has this remarkable ability to think of all the ways things can go wrong and all the possible implications of that. Then it throws all of those things at me at exactly the wrong moment. Almost nothing is actually as bad as my brain tries to tell me it is, but that doesn't make me spazz out about it any less. So, apparently, the solution is to just go into every situation completely unprepared.
"Your fault. You spazzed me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment