Monday, April 14, 2014

No Limits

My dad and I started watching Dark Angel again, and in the episode we watched tonight Max was talking about how they were taught that there are "no limits" and that "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve." I really like that, which is rather unfortunate because sometimes thinking like that causes me to do dumbass things. Any time I see anyone do anything really cool or impressive, I'm like "I want to do that!" I even think this about things that I know aren't real. I'll be watching a movie or TV show and someone will do some really amazing move, and I know that the actor didn't really do that but I'll think "I'll bet it's still possible though......" Most times I stop myself from actually trying to do these things simply because I'm afraid I will severely injure myself and then I'll be forced to explain exactly what I was doing that caused the injury. Instead I will just do other things that are less stupid, so I'll only injure myself a little. It has worked out alright for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment