Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Making Plans

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm fairly convinced that our world is going to fall apart pretty soon, in some way or another. I often find myself unintentionally thinking about what things in my life would have to change, and what things I should be doing to prepare, if society disintegrates. I can never really tell for sure if this is just my mind entertaining itself, or if it's actually something I should be giving serious consideration to. I keep coming up with all these things I should be doing; learning to grow my own food, getting solar panels so I can live off-the-grid, things like that. I also notice this coming into play in my smaller, everyday, decisions as well though. I try not to get too terribly attached to anything that I don't think I would be able to get for myself if everything goes to shit. I think, to some extent, being a vegan in WV has encouraged this type of thinking. You never get too used to having anything because if the one store that carries it decides to stop carrying it, you're fucked. So yeah, my food, beauty products, even clothes, tend to be fairly basic, practical, and easy to come by. So if the apocalypse shows up, I won't really be all that inconvenienced.
Honestly, I think the only thing that would be a big problem for me would be losing the internet. But, then again, if the whole world is going up in flames I might have better things to do with my time than screw around online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment