Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More on Music

Yesterday, my sister and I were talking about music, and apparently we both have a tendency to become suddenly and intensely obsessed with particular songs. Is this something that happens to most people? I'm not talking about "Ohh, I really like this song!" I'm talking about "Holy fuck! This song touches my very soul, and I'm going to listen to it eight hundred times in a row!" The funny part is that sometimes it's a song I've heard a million times before and it just suddenly takes on a whole new meaning for me and I love it viciously for a while, until another song takes over for it. I have a whole bunch of songs on my iPod that I'm really not that into just for this reason. I never know when one of the songs I never really cared about before could become my new favorite. When this happens I will 1- listen to said song over and over again until I have it memorized (not just the lyrics, but exactly how every part of the music sounds) 2-Look up the lyrics, to make sure I have them right 3- Keep listening to it until I get completely tired of it 4- Find a new song, and repeat. What does this say about me as a person.......?
This movie did have a pretty amazing soundtrack. Not as good as Dollhouse, but still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment