Saturday, April 5, 2014

It's Happy for Deep People

From my experience it seems that the majority of people, when they are unhappy, like happy things to make them feel better. This has never been the case for me. When I'm in a shitty mood (which is pretty much all the time, in case you hadn't noticed), I like sad things. I can't fucking stand watching comedies, or listening to perky, upbeat music when I'm sad or angry; It just pisses me off. I need emotional intensity. Perhaps this is because my own sadness tends to stem from boredom or frustration rather than any sort of real emotion. I like to feel things intensely, even bad things. Since I don't get that in my real life, I generally have to get it vicariously through TV shows, movies, music, whatever. Happy never really seems to translate for me though. No matter how many happy things I watch or listen to it always comes out as pissed for me. Sadness always seems to work though.

I feel like there are two types of sadness 1-The kind that stems from deep-seated unhappiness. This type is purely unpleasant and is not something that anyone would ever seek out. 2- The sort of beautiful sadness that comes from experiencing the entire range of human emotion. I think Sally Sparrow had a good understanding of this one.
I've always liked old thing too, by the way. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment