Saturday, August 23, 2014

Almond Butter and Elbows

Last night, before class, I went on an epic quest for almond butter. Well, I thought it would be an epic quest, but I actually only had to go to two stores. I was quite relieved when the old Kroger actually had a few jars of their brand left. I bought them all and then felt a bit guilty. I mean what if some other almond butter addict comes in and there aren't any left?

Anyway, in class, we (there was another student there this time) learned how to use elbows. When I called my mom to tell her about it, the conversation went something like this;

Her- You mean hitting people with your elbows?!
Me- Yeah.
Her- Are you going to be wearing elbow pads?
Me- Well we did tonight, but I don't think we always will be.
Her- I wouldn't want to be hit with someone's elbow!
Me- Well, that's sort of the point. No one does.
Her- I don't think I'm going to like this.
I always imagine this is what my mom looks like when I talk to her, on the phone, about kickboxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment