Saturday, June 7, 2014

Well, I Guess It Evens Out

I went to martial arts class tonight. When I first decided I was going to do this I was really fucking excited about it. I thought it was going to be so great! Then the last couple of days I started to realize that there was just a good a chance that I was going to embarrass the shit out of myself. It turns out I was kind of right on both counts.

When I emailed them about the MMA program and told them that I could only come on Fridays or Saturdays, I was told that there were two classes tonight that would be good for me to take, one at 6 and one at 7. Well apparently the 6:00 class was not only designed for advanced students, which I obviously was not, but it was also not an actual class. It was just for advanced students to spar and/or practice things they needed to work on. So basically I was just hanging around making everyone uncomfortable for an hour. They were really cool about it and tried to show me some things, but it was still incredibly fucking awkward.

Luckily, the 7:00 class was a beginner's kickboxing class and it was actually really cool. I wasn't exactly great at it, but I don't think I completely humiliated myself either. I think I might really like it. So it looks like I'm not so much doing MMA as kickboxing, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment