Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mud Is the Bane of My Existence

There are two things in life that I have an especially hard time dealing with; cold and germs. So naturally these things are basically a constant in my life. I'm always freezing my tits off and feeling like I'm going to catch fucking Ebola. As most of you probably noticed, this past winter was unreasonably cold, and long. So I spent several months just begging the Powers That Be to make it warmer. Well now that the weather seems to have finally warmed up for good, everything has just gotten more germy to compensate. Feeding Riley and Petunia has become nearly unbearable. Since the heat has brought with it, almost daily, rain the pig field has turned into a giant pit of hot, sloppy, splashing, rancid smelling mud. Said mud invariably gets splashed onto some part of my body on a daily basis, and it makes me want to peel my skin off. As if this is not enough, there seem to be more bugs this year than I have ever seen in my life, and none of them have any understanding of personal space. They come into the house and just randomly fly around and land on everything, most often me. Though they are also quite fond of landing in my water glass when I'm not looking so that I only see them when I have already started to take a drink. Plus, thanks to my dad's highly effective air conditioner, even when it's 90 degrees outside, I still get to sit huddled in ball to keep warm while I'm in the living room.
Seriously, something has to be done about the fucking mud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment