Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Brain Can't Make Up It's Mind

Do you ever have something that you simultaneously do and do not want to do? This happens to me all the time. For example, my kickboxing class. I really like it, I look forward to it for days. Then, when it's time to actually go to class, I don't want to go. It's like a couple of hours before class I suddenly remember that I'm mostly just going to go embarrass myself. Which is true, by the way. It also happens to be worth it, which I always remember once I get there. Still, there is that short window of time right beforehand when I always almost decide not to go.

If you need an example of exactly how I embarrass myself, tonight I had to jump rope. I never even did that when I was a kid, let alone now. I basically looked like this the entire time. It was terrible.
This picture came from here

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am the same way! I'm am incredibly good at talking myself out of things that I was looking forward to.
    2. I l also look like that, when I jump rope. It's an overrated skill, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1- It's so stupid isn't it?! I always look forward to things that I end up hating, and dread things that I really like.

      2- It was so embarrassing. It was just me and the guy who teaches the class and his rope is making this whirring noise while mine just keeps thumping against my head, or my feet, or the floor.

      Delete