Tuesday, June 3, 2014

For Lack of a Better Topic

I couldn't come up with anything to write about earlier today, so I thought "I'll just do it later. I'll come up with something before I go to bed." Well, I didn't. So you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to write a post about the fucking sky. That's right.

When I went to feed Riley and Tuni tonight, it was just starting to turn to dusk. Half of the sky was this brilliant blue with not a single cloud. The other half was completely overcast but, instead of being white or gray, the clouds were sort of a yellowish color which gave the light passing through them a light gold tint. There was also a thin mist hanging in the air, and the combination of the mist and the golden light gave everything a surreal, ethereal look. It was really quite beautiful. I stood outside the pig barn for several minutes just absorbing the atmosphere.

Then, shortly thereafter, we got an absurd amount of rain. So I guess it wasn't all magical after all. It was just a precursor to a storm. Go figure.
There for a minute it felt like fucking Middle Earth though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment