Friday, June 13, 2014

Almost Like Having a Real Job

I'm fairly certain that I ended up doing more massages this week than I have since I've been back. It looks like I'm actually going to have a little bit of money next week. I still only ended up with eight, but I really don't want many more than that. So it all worked out.

On a related note, I've had the following conversation about a thousand times and it's really starting to piss me off.
Person: So how many massages do you do in a day?
Me: Two or three. (which is kind of a lie because I frequently only have one, and sometimes no one shows up at all)
Person: So do you work somewhere else too?
Me:.........No, just here.
Person: (says nothing and looks at me like I'm incredibly lazy and/or stupid)
Me: (gets all uncomfortable and starts to wonder if I really am just incredibly lazy and/or stupid)

Here's the thing people. I don't have very many expenses. I also don't have very many skills and therefore will never have the kind of job that would allow me to make any kind of real money. I also don't have a lot of tolerance for bullshit. So, if I'm never going to have any money anyway, why should I drive myself crazy working my ass off just to have a little bit more money? I would rather just barely have enough to live on and not want to kill myself because I'm working all the time at jobs I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment