Thursday, June 19, 2014

Just to Clarify

Sorry, yet another thunderstorm last night. 

In my last post, I mentioned that I am okay with some things that other people might find morally reprehensible. I just thought I should probably be a bit more specific, lest you all think I'm a sociopath. Of course there is always the chance that this will just reinforce that idea, but there's not really anything I can do about that. 

Anyway, here's the deal; I just have a totally different moral standard than the average person. I believe in looking at the big picture. I believe that the things that most people spend their lives working for, specifically money and possessions, are bullshit. I believe that all life is equally precious, no matter the species, and should be treated as such. In a lot of cases I believe that the end does justify the means. 

Some examples include;
There are a lot of people out there who our government and society have labeled as "terrorists" who are, in my opinion, the greatest heroes of our time. Anyone who destroys property or profits of an industry that thrives on murder or destruction has my full support. 

I really don't feel that most crimes are really that big of a deal. Unless you are actually, intentionally hurting someone, who really cares? I think there is a huge difference between legal and right, and between illegal and wrong. Furthermore, I think the the idea of "victimless crimes" is utterly absurd. If there is no victim, there is no crime. 

Any time someone does something bad in order to prevent something worse, I think they should get a pass. 

My sister and I were discussing this one not long ago. When someone's significant other cheats on them, I don't understand why they get mad at the "other (wo)man." The way I see it, that person didn't owe them anything. The significant other did, obviously, but unless the "other (wo)man" was someone the person actually knew, why should they feel bad? They didn't betray anyone. Just because the person they slept with did, doesn't mean they should be held responsible. I always found that really weird. 

Anyway, the point is that I don't care about all the stupid little mundane aspects of right and wrong the way most people do. I just feel like we all have better things to worry about. Who knows, maybe I am a sociopath. 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment