Monday, June 23, 2014

Does Anybody Actually Want This?

Tonight my dad and I were discussing my post from a couple of nights ago, about how our delusions keep us sane. We were talking about how imaging things you might do, or could do, can keep you from going insane from boredom in your real life. So I started wondering, is anyone actually satisfied with a "normal life"? I mean, does anyone actually like having a regular job, and going grocery shopping, and sitting at home watching TV? Does anyone not wish that they could do great things? Some people say that's what they want, but do they really mean it? If they had a choice would they not want to live in some alternate reality where they could do remarkable things? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I just can't imagine it.
Would anyone seriously choose this?

No comments:

Post a Comment