Sunday, May 24, 2015

I'm Not Good with Emotion Stuff

The last couple of days, my mom and have been having this on-again-off-again conversation about what I look for in other people, specifically romantically, but also just in general. Since I don't really have any other people, it obviously doesn't really matter, but whatever. Anyway, I was thinking about what I would want in another person, if I had the luxury of being particular about it. If I could choose my perfect mate it would be someone who is.....

1-Vegan (or at least has the potential to maybe become vegan someday, if things got serious between us) I figured I might as well go ahead and get that one out of the way.

2- Half as concerned as I am about taking care of their body. Not even necessarily because I prefer the appearance of people who are fit (though that is a bonus) but because it reflects a certain outlook and lifestyle.

3- Basically a good person, but no necessarily an especially nice person. I like people who care about doing the right thing, but I also like people who can be assholes at times (because I can be kind of an asshole at times and nice people make me feel guilty for that.)

4- At least somewhat of a thrill seeker. I want someone who will do all of the things I've always wanted to do, but never wanted to do alone, with me.

5- Either as concerned as I am about germs, or is understanding enough to act like they are anyway.

6- Willing to stand up for me on the rare occasion when I actually have a conflict with someone. This is not because I want someone who will fight my battles for me, but just because I need someone who I know will have my back.

7- Not concerned about impressing people. I'm never going to be impressive, and I don't want to have to try to be.

8- Interested in at least some of the same things I am; shows, books, activities, whatever.

9- Okay with the fact that I am completely terrible at any and all things dealing with emotion. I do my best to be emotionally supportive, but it never quite works out the way I want it to.

10- (Here's the one that's the real problem; you would think it would be the first one, but no.) Able to make me feel comfortable around them. There are just certain people who I can talk to, and certain people I can't, and the latter are far more common. I honestly have no idea what it is that determines whether I feel comfortable with someone or not, and that makes it damn near impossible to find those people.

The title is a quote from J ^. If you haven't seen My First Mister, go watch it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment