Monday, March 31, 2014

If Only I Had a Mission

You all know my life is super boring, right? Well then it shouldn't come as much of a shock to you that I frequently have dreams about TV shows or movies (or at least the characters from them) instead of things related to my actual life. Sometimes I appear in these dreams as myself, sometimes I will see things from the perspective of one of the characters, other times I will actually take the place of one of the characters. I know that's really fucking weird, and quite pathetic, but I've gotten used to that. Since we're watching Sarah Connor now, that's what I dreamed about last night. I remember little about it, as with most of my dreams. What I do remember is that I took the place of Cameron who, if you don't know, is a reprogrammed terminator. The sad part is, that is actually very appropriate. I do probably relate to her more than anyone else on the show, or most other shows, or most other people for that matter. Everyone on the show is always treating her like shit, and I'm always going "Why the fuck is everyone so mean to Cameron?!" Well the answer (obviously) is that it's because she's just a machine, so who cares? There is this ongoing joke on the show about people, who don't know what she is, thinking she has some kind of social disorder because she's pretending to be human and she's not very good at it. The things is though, she acts a lot like I do most of the time. In fact, one of my old friends once told me I was like a machine. I think he meant it as a joke, but he was right. At least Cameron has a mission to focus on, instead of stressing about the fact that people don't think of her as a human. 

"Are you happy?" "I'm a machine. I can't be happy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment