Sunday, March 16, 2014

True Love

It's late, and I'm tired, and I forgot to write a post today (well technically yesterday, at this point) so I am just going to talk about Victor and Sierra from Dollhouse. They are my absolute favorite TV couple of all time. If you haven't seen the show, which most people probably haven't, you won't really know what I'm talking about. But they have the sweetest, purest, and (occasional "man reactions" not withstanding) most innocent love ever portrayed on TV. There is just something so wonderful about people who love each other with absolutely no other motives or expectations. I'm not sure that ever even exists in real life, except maybe in small children. On the show, they often refer to the people in the Dollhouse as being in an infantile state, and that is sort of what Victor and Sierra seem like; two infants who somehow fell in love. They have no idea what it means to be in a relationship the way adults see it. They just know that they want to be around each other, and they each want the other to be happy. They don't expect anything from the other person. In fact, they wouldn't even have any idea what they should expect. They just love each other, that's all. I think that's really beautiful.
For anyone who has seen the show, the episode where Victor tries to get rid of all the black paint because he thinks it is making Sierra sad is the sweetest thing I think I have ever seen in my entire life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment