Sunday, July 14, 2013

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things

Today when I went on lunch, two of the guys who work in the back were also on lunch. Normally I just sit by myself and read during my lunch, but they were already sitting at the table in the break room, so I sat down with them. Now a normal person would have just had a conversation with them; which probably would have been nice, you know actual human interaction and whatnot. Instead, they asked me a few questions (which I tired to answer like a human would) and then things got uncomfortable. So I just returned to my book, which seemed like it would be less awkward, but it wasn't. Then there was just them sitting there not saying anything and me sitting there kind of reading but mostly just silently cussing myself out for being so very fucking socially incompetent.
Had I not started reading I was afraid I would look like this. 

2 comments:

  1. It's OK. That's what I always did on break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine as long as no one else is there. But when other people are around I feel like I should be interacting with them, but I don't know how, hahah.

      Delete