Monday, July 15, 2013

I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt!

Today, along with the normal everyday items that I absurdly overpay for, I paid ten dollars for a jar of dirt. That's right, I paid ten dollars for dirt, at Tractor Supply no less. You see, when was at Farm Sanctuary, I learned that diatomaceous earth is supposedly good for getting rid of parasites; fleas, mites, lice, etc. Since all of my animals seem to have fleas (and incidentally happen to sleep in my bed. Gross!) and I am vehemently opposed to using chemicals on them I decided to give it a try. We'll see what happens. I must say, I'm pretty sure whoever came up with the idea of selling jars of dirt is probably having a really good laugh right now.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how it works! All our cats have fleas too, and they all sleep in my bed. I'm very unhappy. How do you use the earth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently yesterday's comment disappeared. Huh.
    Anyway, let me know how the earth works. We have fleas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it does that sometimes! It's highly annoying! I will let you know :)

      Delete