Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just Thought I'd Share

Lately I've been reading up on Wicca. This actually started because I was going to make those necklaces I mentioned a long while back. Unfortunately, that never actually happened and now I am just reading about it because it's interesting and I have nothing better to do with my time. Anyway, I am currently reading The Witches' Way and there is this one part that I think is really cool and I just thought I would share it with all of you, mostly because I have nothing better to talk about tonight. There is this story about the "descent of the Goddess" and the whole thing is kind of interesting, but it ends with this little paragraph that I just love for some reason. It goes like this....

"For there are three great events in the life of man: Love, Death and the Resurrection in the new body; and magic controls them all. For to fulfill love you must return again at the same time and place as the loved one, and you must remember and love them again. But to be reborn you must die and be ready for a new body; and to die you must be born; and without love you may not be born; and this is all the magics."

I don't know, I just think there's something really beautiful about that. Also, it always bugged the crap out of me when everyone on Buffy always pluralized the word "magic" since I had never heard anyone do that before. Well, apparently it's a real thing. Who knew? besides Wiccans I mean.


2 comments: