Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yesterday Was Tuesday Right? But Today Is Tuesday too.

Cliche as it sounds, we really do have the opportunity to change the way we live every day. Each morning when we wake up we can choose to start over and be a different person, or at least change some of our habits. But did you ever notice that, possible though it may be, it never actually seems to work out that way? For me at least, everything makes sense when I go to bed at night. Okay, not everything, in fact almost nothing makes sense, but a few things seem to make sense when I go to bed at night. I always go to sleep thinking "Tomorrow is a new day. I will do things differently." Then I wake up and do everything exactly the same way I did the day before. I wake up and try to remind myself why I thought it was so important to change things and just can't seem to remember. But later, after it's already too late and I have made all the same mistakes all over again, then I remember. By the end of the day I'm telling myself "That's okay. I'll do it differently tomorrow." But I don't. Lately I just keep trying to get myself to actually get out of bed when my clock goes off, but I never do.
Maybe I'll start setting my alarm clock to play Heat of the Moment, to scare myself into getting up. 

2 comments:

  1. I have that problem too. I am too rarely successful at enacting positive change in my life and actions. I gotta work harder dammit.

    Also, great idea with the alarm clock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Work harder and try to give a shit when it actually matters, hahah.

      If I didn't find that song so annoying I probably really would do it :)

      Delete