Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Creativity + Lack of Recycling Options = ?

A while back the recycling center in Marion county (the barren backwoods county I happen to live in) stopped accepting glass. This was annoying, but we continued recycling it by waiting until we had to go shopping in Morgantown and then just took it there. Well now it turns out that Monongalia county ( the county which contains Morgantown) is not going to be taking it anymore either. I am very bothered by this because I create a shit ton of glass waste, due to the fact that it seems like everything I eat comes in a glass jar. I really don't want to just throw them all away, so I have been trying to think of alternatives. My goal is to come up with some sort of art project, or something, I can do involving glass jars. I have several ideas that I think sound sort of interesting. Unfortunately, for the most part, other people don't tend to like the same things I like and I just simply don't have the need or the space for hundreds of glass jars, no matter how artistic they may be. So it would be really nice if I could come up with something that I could sell, or at least give away. I think this is one of the better ideas
.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Pinterest has lots of great things to do with glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I love Pinterest! Thank you for introducing me to it :)

      Delete