Friday, June 7, 2013

Hero

For the most part, I completely hate TV and refuse to watch it, though I do make exceptions for Supernatural and Doctor Who. So for the past several months, my dad and I have been watching various shows that we bought on DVD (we're currently on Buffy). However, he's out of town for a couple of days and I promised not to watch it without him. So tonight I resigned myself to finding something to watch on TV. During the very limited amount of time that I have watched TV over the last couple months, I managed to catch a couple of previews for this new reality/competition show called "The Hero". I thought at the time that it actually looked like it might be pretty cool. It appears that they basically have people do things that the heroes in action movies generally do. The first time I saw the preview I thought "I need to get on this show!" So when I came across it tonight while I was channel surfing I decided to see what it was all about. Shockingly, it turned out to be mostly just more reality TV bullshit! The stunts they had the people do were actually pretty cool, but there is an inordinate amount of unnecessary, highly annoying and obviously manufactured drama. One woman cried the entire time for absolutely no reason and was so terrified of heights that she sobbed so hard she nearly collapsed when she had to go up to the roof of their building. Did no one tell her what the show was about? Another guy threw a fucking hissy fit when he wasn't picked to do one of the stunts. I guess my point is, no matter how cool they may seem on the surface, all reality shows are shit.
Reality my ass! 

2 comments:

  1. You would kick ass on that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Who knows, maybe I'll apply for the next one hahah.

      Delete